Lisa received her Master of Social Work from Walla Walla University. She has significant post graduate training in Interpersonal Neurobiology, and is certified in EMDR, DBT, and a variety of other evidence-based practices, including Tobacco Cessation. She is also a trained CHW. She has over 25 years’ experience in Community Mental Health, Public Health, and Private Practice. She has over 20 years of experience as a clinical supervisor for all levels of Behavioral Health Staff. Since 2012 Lisa has been involved in training social workers, health coaches, and traditional health workers in a variety of in person and virtual formats. She specializes in topics of addictions, compassion fatigue, the impacts of trauma, trauma informed parenting, trauma informed customer service, ethics, suicide prevention, community health worker certification training, and health equity. She serves as NEON’s Director of Training and Business Development as well as serving as a part time Clinical Director to a local Community Mental Health Agency.
IIBHN 2021 Presentation(s)
May 7, 2021, 1:00-2:30 (MST). Virtual
May 7, 2021, 2:45-5:00 (MST). Virtual
With Connie Sherrard, MSW
Enhancing Motivation for Change and Providing Cessation Support for People Who Use Tobacco
- Name three common reasons that motivate people to be interested in stopping tobacco use.
- Identify what stage of change a person is in at any given point of time in relation to their tobacco use, and be able to identify, based on their conversations, where they are on the Motivational Hill of Change.
- Implement the 5A tool with a patient in order to make a plan for tobacco cessation support.
- Understand the evidence-based role of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) in tobacco cessation.
- Create a patient centered behavioral support plan for tobacco cessation. Implement and revise the behavioral health support plan with the client throughout their cessation process.