Dr. Lyn McArthur is a psychologist and the Behavioral Health Director at Health West Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center, in southeastern Idaho. Dr. McArthur helped Health West develop and implement their Behavioral Health Integration program in 2015. Currently, she is working on developing and integrating behavioral health into other areas of Health West’s services, including Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) and Hepatitis C treatment. She is a generalist but has a special interest in health psychology including the treatment of eating disorders. Dr. McArthur is originally from rural Kentucky and was drawn to Health West as a result of her desire to serve the under-served. She has lived in Idaho for fifteen years, working at Health West since 2013.
IIBHN 2020 Presentation(s):
Identifying Eating Disorders in Primary Care
Thursday, April 2nd, 2020. 1:00 – 2:30
Conference Room 100B
- Participants will understand basic information on eating disorders.
- Participants will be able to identify eating disorder symptoms and characteristics.
- Participants will understand the roles of the BHC with Eating Disorder:
- Screening, diagnosis, and early detection
- Education of providers
- Brief interventions when appropriate