Dr. Lyn McArthur is a psychologist and the Behavioral Health Director at Health West Inc., a federally qualified health center (FQHC) with 12 clinics throughout southeastern Idaho. For the last six years, she has provided clinical work with individuals struggling with eating disorders and disordered eating. Dr. McArthur presents regularly to service providers and students in healthcare fields about eating disorders. She also serves on several committees, panels, and other groups to advocate for behavioral health services, including integrated care. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family, spending time outside, and playing tennis.
IIBHN 2021 Presentation(s):
Eating Disorder Identification and Intervention in Primary Care
Two Part Workshop
Module 1 – July 9, 2021, 2:45-3:45 (MDT), Boise Centre, Room 410A
Module 2 – July 9, 2021, 4:00-5:00 (MDT), Boise Centre, Room 410A
This workshop will assist providers working in primary care to effectively screen for, diagnose, and intervene when applicable when patients present with eating disorders. Different levels of care will also be reviewed. Providers will have the opportunity to examine case examples of eating disorders and practice determining appropriate levels of care and interventions.
- Understand the differences between common eating disorders seen in primary care settings
- Learn the prevalence rates of eating disorders in the US
- Learn the four primary categories of factors contributing to eating disorders
- Understand the levels of care in eating disorder treatment
- Practice, with case examples, diagnosing and determining level of care and treatment interventions for individuals with eating disorders