Enhancing Motivation for Change and Providing Cessation Support for People Who Use Tobacco
May 7 @ 2:45 pm - 5:00 pm MDT
Lisa Ladendorff, LCSW & Connie Sherrard, MSW
Northeast Oregon Network (NEON)
- Name three common reasons that motivate people to be interested in stopping tobacco use.
- Identify what stage of change a person is in at any given point of time in relation to their tobacco use, and be able to identify, based on their conversations, where they are on the Motivational Hill of Change.
- Implement the 5A tool with a patient in order to make a plan for tobacco cessation support.
- Understand the evidence-based role of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) in tobacco cessation.
- Create a patient centered behavioral support plan for tobacco cessation. Implement and revise the behavioral health support plan with the client throughout their cessation process.