- This event has passed.
Spirited Primary Care: An Approach to Monitoring and Promoting Resilience in Primary Care – Module 1
September 17, 2021 @ 10:15 am - 12:00 pm MDT
This 3-hour workshop introduces the use of Focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to promote resilience in primary care clinicians and other staff. This approach helps healthcare workers monitor and improve their psychological flexibility. Participants will learn to use surveys to identify sources of stress among primary care clinicians (Primary Care Stress Checklist) and to assess psychological flexibility in primary care clinicians (Primary Care Provider Acceptance and Action Questionnaire). Assessment findings are useful for BHCs and others in planning targeted interventions deliverable by the BHC in collaboration with clinic leaders. The workshop will include an introduction to the Spirited Primary Care Series, an intervention to promote resilience. Participants will learn to use Dancing with Danger (a brief, 30–60-minute intervention and the Professional Bull’s Eye (a tool from the Spirited Primary Care Class series).
After the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the Primary Care Provider Stress Checklist
- Describe the Primary Care Provider Acceptance and Action Questionnaire.
- Provide an overview of the Spirited Primary Care Class Series.
- Use the Professional Bull’s-Eye Tool as a method to monitor value consistent action and promote resilient.
- Use the Dancing with Danger intervention to support team resilience.