- This event has passed.
Putting It All Together; Developing Your Safe & Effective Pain Management Plan
June 14, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm MDT
Part of the series: Closing the Door on Surgery as a Gateway to Persistent Use of Opioids
Presented by Karen R. Boretsky, MD & Sam Reiga, BSN, RN, MBA
- Understand the problem of surgery as a gateway to persistent opioid use
- Discuss the prevalence of opioid overuse as a complication of surgery
- Discuss opioid sparing alternatives to opioid monotherapy
- Understand opioid related adverse drug effects and the impact on clinical and cost outcomes
- Understand the complexity of pain pathways and why multiple analgesic techniques improve outcomes
CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) LANGUAGE
Cornerstone Whole Healthcare Organization
rEASON PROJECT – Putting It All Together; Developing Your Safe & Effective Pain Management Plan
June 14, 2021
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and Cornerstone Whole Healthcare Organization. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement – Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM for physicians. Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.