- This event has passed.
Psychosis, Mood Disorders and Substance Abuse
April 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm MDT
Registration for this event has closed.
Part of the monthly Psychiatric Consultation series with Dr. Si. Steinberg, brought to you by C-WHO.
- Define the disorder of psychosis, range of diagnoses, and their symptomology
- Understand the etiology of psychotic disorders, including co-occurring substance use disorder
- Recognize the high incidence of co-occurrence between psychotic disorders and substance use disorders
- Understand the epidemiological risk of substance abuse disorders associated with various psychiatric diagnoses
- Identify types of drug induced psychosis and their positive and negative symptoms
- Effectively build rapport with patients experiencing co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders